Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Selkirk loopy thing

Newport Washington... my new home... its been really cool to finally get here and start getting to know the lay of the land around here and meet all the wonderful people here that have made me feel so welcome... My trip out here was quite uneventful...basically just lots of driving.. only once was the rumble strip on the side of the road required to keep me awake :)...not that there was really anything to hit even if I had gone off...
I did feel a bit insecure driving my little car going through western Montana and Idaho when EVERY single vehicle that passed me was a huge jacked up truck... I don't think they believe in cars out there..I felt like a mosquito ready to get crushed on the windshield of a semi..but I made it..PTL.. the rugged beauty of the west..gets me every time..
 the view I woke up to after an uncomfortable night trying to sleep in my lil car near Butt, Montana...
Newport, Washington... smack on the boarder between Washington and Idaho.. no, the fact the there is snow on the year round welcome sign doesn't bother me at all...nor does the fact that I have no idea what the Selkirk loopy thing is either..I'm just happy to be here 

The river that runs right along the boarder and is like a mile from where i'm staying..


Justin and Jalyn's place where i'll be living for a couple months till I find something else
 
so I'm here, and I thank you all so much for those that prayed for my transition out here..its really been going great and i'm excited to see what God has for me out here! I'm still looking for a job though so if you think of it, i'd really appreciate prayers in that regard.. its a difficult time to find work..in the dead of winter so I don't know what will happen there, ive applied everywhere from McDonalds, where i'd get to flip burgers to Zodiac where i'd get to build airplane interior stuff.. anyway until next time..NOTW

1 comment:

  1. Great to see and hear how things are going. Blessings to you, bro. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete