Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Thank you Jesus

As we had communion at our church this weekend I had to think of this picture and what the Last Supper might look like if it happened today…Now I want to clarify that I am by no means suggesting that if Jesus would "physically" physically be here today that He would chose a group of rough, godless and lawless men. Jesus disciples were led by a model of holiness and righteousness that convicted the religious leaders of their day about the hypocrisy of their outer white-washed lives while inside they were full of dead man’s bones.  Any group of true disciples of Jesus in any age may be rejected by religious leaders, not because of their unprincipled lives but because the lives of these ordinary, every-day guys demonstrated a holiness and radiance that exposed the ugliness of the hypocritical religious leaders lives.
Now, to get to the point, so often I myself judge others based so much on their outward appearance and while I'm not saying appearance isn't at all important. I know that in my own life I often overvalue it… I have been often put to shame as I've worked with some people who from all outward appearance are "the least of these," the downcast, homeless…people that though they may be outwardly destitute, are inwardly radiant, displaying the glory of God… I never want to miss out on the blessing of fellowship I could enjoy with these fellow believers, yet often missed because of premature judging of outward appearance…anyway here is the picture now that you've read, or not read my ramblings :)
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. (Is 55:8)

For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength. (I Cor 1:25)

I've been thinking on these verses quite a bit in the last couple days... As it seems I have been job hunting for ages now, I have often wondered and questioned why it seemed as though God brought me out here to sit for so long looking for work and find absolutely nothing..To be honest its been a pretty rough and discouraging time. I had/have no doubt this is where God has called me, but I just couldn't understand why to door always seemed to close whenever I got close to finding a job...until Saturday... when pretty much the perfect job came up for me. I get to travel all around Washington and Idaho with two other great guys, meeting lots of people, working in the great outdoors... building fences, plus this job makes alot more sense in the long term scope of things. I was willing to settle for a Subway/mailman type job, but God was like, "hang on Brandon, whats waiting for you.. you will like a whole lot more" :) thank you God...

No comments:

Post a Comment